Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Campaign ad roughs cont' logos and typeface



I spent hours working on the logos, partly because I have to refresh how to make a lovely strawberry with all the shadows and highlights with 'perfect' lines. Working with pen tool and getting lovely curves wasn't working so well.  Then I had to figure out how to make a lovely rotation of the rectangle shape in illustrator - found out googling 'illustrator how to...' works better than looking through my old notes and illustrator manuals.  But it was fun to work with the shape and get it to fit in a square-type motif.  Prof Angela had suggested during critique as client today that strawberry logo with stick (may work better without the stick). It is easier to work the rounder shape into the 'Fruitleta' sign.  It's all a learning experience.  What is hard is to work with teammates because we all have our own artistic bent and ideas.  I was ready to throw in the towel today until I felt we were moving forward with which direction to go in.  Whew.  Thanks teammates Susana & Samantha for putting up with my angst!

1 comment:

  1. Good Job like the icon with the repeated ice pop shape, we should roll with it.

    -Sam

    ReplyDelete